The Art Area helps children’s development in many areas. Bins provide materials that children can access at all times. Other materials are made available for group projects following the theme of the day or week.
Art can help children to:
- Express feelings through manipulation of materials (such as clay, finger paint, etc.).
- Express creativity and individuality.
- Learn about cause and effect.
- Develop the skill to plan (through choosing colors or materials to create).
- Develop fine or small muscles and eye-hand coordination