The Language & Reading Area includes both reading and writing. The books and stories help children with letter and word recognition, pattern recognition, using their memory to recall familiar stories, learn proper handling of books.
The Language Area is also communication center with paper and writing materials. The children can deliver their ideas through their illustrations and their printing or attempts at printing. The children will learn to
- Associate print with reading.
- Communicate their ideas through drawing and through print.
- Develop their small (fine) muscle skills by using the many materials available.
- Practice left to right progression in reading.
- Develop their eye-hand coordination