The Math & Fine Motor Area combines manipulatives, table toys and math activities. Here is where fine motor activities encourage small muscle development, counting, one-to-one correspondence and more.
The Math and Fine Motor Area has many items and materials in it that work on these skills. The most common are:
- Puzzles from 4 piece puzzles to 20 piece puzzles, as well as floor puzzles.
- Board Games for fine motor skills, one-to-one correspondence, counting, and taking turns.
- Sorters and Counters – almost anything can be sorted and/or counted.
- Small Blocks and Legos to build houses and cities, develop language and problem solving skills.
- Lacing cards to go along with a theme or concept, sometimes becoming masks to act out the story.
- Playdough, a favorite for fine motor skills and muscle development.